Did you know that our four-legged fur babies have endocannabinoid systems too? While we are different on the outside, internally we have a lot in common with our pets, particularly the way our bodies respond to hemp oil. Whether you’ve chosen a feline or canine or both as your furry companion, it’s easy to see that they can develop the same physical and emotional issues that we do! That’s why so many people who care for a four-legged companion are turning to the pet-friendly potential health and wellness benefits of hemp-derived CBD.
CBD Benefits Your Pet
CBD works for your pets the same way it works for you. CBD mimics the messengers and influences the receptors of the endocannabinoid system, the regulatory system that influences every essential bodily function.
Hemp extract is safe and natural and provides benefits far beyond its reported ability to alleviate a significant number of symptoms. Your dog or cat does not need to be experiencing troubling symptoms to benefit from the health and wellness potential of hemp-derived CBD.
CBD for Your Pet’s Wellness
Although there has been no clinical research done on the effects of hemp for animals and official medical claims cannot be made, The American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association did a study called “Consumers’ Perceptions Of Hemp Products For Animals” wherein they performed an anonymous survey of 632 pet owners who buy hemp products for their animals. Here’s what they found:
- 77.6% of dog owners indicated they use the product for an illness or condition diagnosed by a veterinarian.
- 90% indicated that they thought hemp products were “very safe.
In addition there’s also a ton of anecdotal evidence from pet parents:
- Anxiety and stress, including separation anxiety, and noise phobias, such as thunderstorms or fireworks
- Moderate to severe pain, including inflammation and nerve-related pain, arthritis, joint and mobility pain.
- Epilepsy and seizures (this is a common use for CBD in humans)
- Appetite, digestion problems, and nausea
- Symptoms from cancer (preliminary studies and anecdotal evidence have suggested that CBD can have an anti-tumor effect, stopping cancerous cells from growing and increasing tumor cell death by blocking their ability to produce energy)
- Healthy skin, fur, and general well-being (CBD oil is rich in Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids) providing a healthy supplement to their diet
Pet-Formulated CBD Products
While we’ve all most likely shared our food with our fur baby, sharing our personal supply of CBD with our pet may not be the best idea. Our pet’s digestive processes are not quite the same as ours. That’s why it’s important to use a product specifically formulated for pets. Pet CBD oil should be formulated using hemp oil and not MCT (coconut) oil that’s used in human formulations. Also the dosage should be less than the human dosage. The standard dosage for your pet is 1 mg of CBD for every 10 pounds of weight. Since body chemistry is unique and CBD affects individuals differently, product manufacturers don’t typically make dosing recommendations. Keep in mind that it may take some time to determine the ideal CBD dosage for your four-legged family member. You can gradually increase the amount of CBD every five days or so until you see the results you are looking for.
If you have been considering CBD for your pet, tell Santa to fill their stocking this year with CBDistillery CBD Pet Tinctures! Available in 2 sizes, 150 mg for small dogs and cats, and 600 mg for medium to large dogs.
To purchase CBD Pet products, click here
When considering CBD, it is important to do your own research to see what options are best for you. Because research on CBD is just beginning, there is still limited data.